In recent years, there has been a global concern among the companies about finding and reserving the best talent to achieve their growth ambitions. So how are you competing effectively in this new war of talent? If the question strikes you, then it is time to place an increased emphasis on employer branding strategy.
These are some questions that a potential candidate can ask at an interview to assess or find out how evolved your company is in its approach to employer branding.
- Why would I want to work for you?
- How many employees would recommend your company as a best place to work?
- What is the perception of your tenured employees about your work culture?
Talent acquisition has undergone pivotal change in recent years, accompanied with the adoption of recruitment strategies formulated by companies. The consequence of all these efforts is employer branding. If we start analyzing the employer brand for some of the best companies over time, we see that they had the luxury of attracting the top candidates. However, most of the employers may have to struggle to recruit for certain functions, business units due to lack of proper employer branding strategies.
Here’s why we think it is worth the investment:
1) Brand Recall – This definitely doesn’t surprise you, isn’t it? The more a candidate is aware about your company culture, it is more likely of them to feel familiar with it. With the impression being positive, they are quite likely to think of your organization as a good place to work.
2) Become the Talent Magnet – As mentioned earlier, it is significant to leave a good impression of your brand on candidate’s mind. This translates into higher rate of job consideration by probable candidates and their peer group.
3) Be Social – Focusing on employer branding is important for acquiring talent at all levels, given the fact that now candidates have access to various social media platforms. Hence, it goes without saying that a strong social media presence adds value to the overall branding effort.
As a result of the above mentioned, it becomes easier to attract all kinds of audiences, while keeping in mind the junior talents to individual contributors and managers. After all, the organization with a better employer brand becomes the strategic foundation of hiring the best talent and retaining the top tier of those around the globe.